- Effective: 8/27/1969
- Revision: 10/14/1986
- Reviewed: 5/28/2013
- Board Directive
The Board recognizes the need for a systematic approach in determining the personnel needed to staff the schools and other departments in the District. A well-developed system of personnel planning and accounting helps predict staff needs and enables the Administration to make sound provision for current and future employment. The Board delegates to the Administration the responsibility for determining these needs.
- Administrative Policy
The Human Resources Department shall be delegated the responsibility for setting up such a system of personnel accounting for determining staff needs. The Administration will utilize all data available from various sources in accordance with the following administrative policy provisions:
- Utilize projections for future staff needs based on student growth, staff retirements, and replacements
- Utilize the projected curriculum requirement of the District
- Maximize the use of technology in determining projected pupil/teacher ratios and staff requirements
- Consider financial constraints as they apply to future staff needs
- Maintain up-to-date files containing data needed to comply with state and federal requirements including certification
- Keep abreast of current trends in staffing patterns and be familiar with options available for staffing schools such as differentiated staffing, etc.