- Effective: 8/27/1969
- Revision: 9/8/2009
- Reviewed: 5/28/2013
- Board Directive
The Board, recognizing that the leaders in the schools and in the District Office occupy key positions in the total District organization, considers the selection and appointment of administrators an important responsibility of the Administration. The Board delegates to the District Administration the responsibility to interview, screen and hire for leadership positions in the District.
- Administrative Policy
Since the administrators are representative of the Board and the District, it is imperative that well-qualified and competent persons are selected for leadership positions.
The Administration shall administer the leadership appointment policy in accordance to the following administrative policy provisions:
- The Administration shall conduct leadership programs which will result in the identification and training of prospective administrators.
- Instructional leadership vacancies or other positions shall be publicized by the Human Resources Department.
- An applicant for a position in administration must make a formal online application with the Human Resources Department. Job descriptions will be made available.
- Where required, each applicant must be licensed by the Utah State Office of Education for the position for which he/she is applying.
- The Human Resources Department will keep a current file on each applicant. This file shall contain letters of reference, transcripts, interview appraisals, and other pertinent information.
- An applicant must renew his/her application annually in order for it to remain active.
- The administrative staff shall review all applications on file. Applicants identified for further consideration will be interviewed by designated members of the Administration.
- The Administration shall recommend to the Superintendent candidate(s) for appointment.
- The Superintendent shall review and approve a candidate for hire.
- The Human Resource Administrator or the Superintendent or designee shall notify the successful candidate of his/her appointment.
- Those interviewed but not selected will be notified in writing by the Human Resources Department of the selection of another candidate.
- Administrative guidelines and procedures for hiring administrators are available on the Human Resources website.