- Effective: 6/25/2002
- Revision: 7/10/2007
- Reviewed: 5/28/2013
- Board Policy
The Board recognizes the need for guidelines relating to the absence of education support professionals to engage in activities within employee agent groups. The Administration is directed to administer guidelines for released time for education support professionals for employee agent activities.
- Administration Policy
The following policy will be administered for released time for education support professional personnel employee agent group activities:
- The president of the employee agent group may be released as outlined in Policy A5B NEG – Released Time for Education Support Professionals Agent Group President.
- No employee shall be given approval for release from his/her duties for activities unless the release is requested in advance in writing by the employee agent group and approved in writing by the Superintendent or designee. All duties performed by employees on paid employee agent leave must directly benefit the District.
- No employee other than the employee agent group president (see Policy A5B NEG) involved in Association activities that do not directly benefit the District shall be given approval for released time in excess of five (5) days in any one school year.
- The appropriate salary and benefit costs for employees granted released time for activities including those that do not directly benefit the District shall be assessed to the employee agent group. This will be accomplished through remittance of such fees to the District from the respective employee agent group.
- Leave records with associated costs will be on file in the Human Resources Department.
2/25/2020: Board of Education approved the term “Education Support Professionals” to replace “Classified” to describe personnel not licensed as educators.