- Effective: 8/27/1969
- Revision: 3/26/2013
- Board Directive
Recognizing the need for emergency preparedness planning, the Board authorizes District participation with community leaders and emergency management agencies. These programs shall be planned to accomplish the following:
- Extend the local community the greatest possible protection and assistance in times of emergency or disaster
- Provide protection and preservation of District properties
- Provide leadership assistance, as local and state authorities work to avoid panic or confusion in the event of an attack or disaster
- Comply with State Rule R277-400 School Emergency Response Plan.
- Administrative Policy
The responsibility for coordinating emergency preparedness activities within the District shall be delegated to the Administrator of Auxiliary Services and/or designee. Working with directors and school principals, the Administrator of Auxiliary Services shall direct the planning and conduct of emergency preparedness programs
- The Administrator of Auxiliary Services will obtain mutual agreements with local, county, state and federal agencies for the use of any Jordan School District facilities in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Principals shall be responsible for conducting in-service training programs for teachers and appropriate orientation programs for students.
- Principals shall work closely with the PTA and other civic groups in correlating school and community emergency preparedness procedures.
- The District emergency preparedness program shall be planned and conducted in accordance with guidelines established by state, county and local agencies.