- Effective: 2/22/1977
- Revision: 8/25/2015
- Revised: 5/28/2013
- Board Directive
Jordan School District is an equal opportunity employer. The District recruits, employs, retains, and promotes employment without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or pregnancy-related conditions, religion, national origin, age (if the individual is 40 years of age or older), disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. Utah Code 34A-5-160. The Board of Education commits itself to ensuring minority groups equal opportunity for employment, for on-the-job training and for advancement in responsibilities and remuneration. Responsibility is delegated to the Administration to develop and implement policy regarding affirmative action.
- Administrative Policy
The District shall make the employment practices policy known within and without the District, conduct periodic self-evaluations, and in the course of recruitment, ensure that minority group members are given full opportunity to compete for available positions. The District shall abide by the following administrative policy provisions:
- Consider men and women applicants on an equal basis.
- Ensure that personnel programs affecting compensation, benefits, and other aspects of employment are administered without discrimination.
- Publicize in a variety of ways (by brochures, recruitment, announcements, internet, etc.) the District's commitment to provide equal opportunity employment.
- Review the status of equal employment opportunity with individuals responsible for the selection, promotion, and reclassification of staff to ensure compliance and to remind them of the District's commitment to equal employment.
- Ensure minority representatives complete access to all available employment opportunities.