- Effective: 9/25/2012
- Revision: 9/23/2014
- Reviewed: 3/31/2015
Specific responsibilities of the Board of Education, as an informed agent of the people of Jordan School District, are those that ensure appropriate organizational performance.
Accordingly, the Board of Education will:
- Create the connection between the owners and Jordan School District and retain responsibility for the dissemination of information that is relevant to Jordan School District owners. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Annual accountability reports
- Monthly financial reports
- Annual financial reports
- Minutes and audio recording of Board meetings
- Posting of public meetings
- Develop written governing policies that will, at the broadest levels of all organizational decisions and situations, address:
- Governance Process: Specification of how the Board of Education conceives, carries out, and monitors its own tasks.
- Board/Superintendent Connection: How responsibility is delegated and its proper use monitored, the Superintendent role, and authority and accountability.
- Executive Limitations: Constraints on executive authority that establish the boundaries within which all executive activity and decisions must take place.
- Ends: Organizational products, impact, benefits, outcomes, recipients, and their relative worth (what good, for which recipients, at what cost).
- Approve all Jordan School District policies and regulations. Unless otherwise authorized, any waivers of provisions in Jordan School District policies and/or regulations must be approved by the Board of Education.
- Assure successful Superintendent and Business Administrator performance by monitoring performance on Ends and Executive Limitations.
- Make decisions related to taxation and new bond issues.
- Allow the mayor of each of the Cities, or the designee of a given mayor, to attend and participate in Board meetings as is currently provided by UCA 53G-7-208(3)(b).
- Participate in such additional activities and committees as are necessary to carry out the business of the Board.
Revision history: 9/23/14