- Effective: 10/28/1975
- Revision: 7/1/2023
- Reviewed: 6/25/2013
- Board Directive
The Board authorizes the establishment of an Education Support Professionals District Advisory Council for the purpose of communicating areas of concern by employee groups within the District.
- Administrative Policy
The District Advisory Council shall operate according to the following administrative policy provisions:
- The Education Support Professionals Advisory Council shall be composed of the Administrator of Human Resources, the Administrator of Auxiliary Services, the Human Resources administrator assigned to education support professionals and representatives appointed by the employee agent. The chairperson will be a member of the employee agent leadership.
- A calendar of meeting times will be developed by September 1 of each year to discuss and study issues mutually agreed upon. A copy of the agenda will be provided to the Administrator of Human Resources, the Administrator of Auxiliary Services, and the Human Resources Education Support Professionals Administrator on the Wednesday prior to each meeting.
- Meetings of the Council shall be held other than regular working hours. If circumstances should require that a meeting be held during working hours, committee members may be excused from their regular duties without loss of pay.
- If no agenda items are submitted by the Wednesday prior to the meeting, the scheduled meeting will be canceled.
- The Council may appoint ad hoc committees to study and report upon subjects agreed upon by the Council.
- All items of business or recommendations coming from this Council are advisory only.
- Minutes of each meeting shall be distributed to the committee membership.
- The employee agent leadership will present business items to the Superintendent on the fourth Monday of each month.
2/25/2020: Board of Education approved the term “Education Support Professionals” to replace “Classified” to describe personnel not licensed as educators.