- Board Directive
The Board agrees to participate in a program of health and accident insurance coverage for all eligible employees. The insuring company shall be selected by the Board after conferring with the officers of various employee organizations. The Administration is responsible to administer the policy.
- Administrative Policy
This insurance policy shall be administered in accordance with the following provisions:
- Application for participation in group insurance must be made by the individual employee.
- Deductions for participation in the group insurance program shall be made in accordance with the schedule approved by the Board.
- Effective January 1, 2016, insurance coverage will be effective on the first day of the month following the employment start date, provided enrollment forms are completed and filed in the District Insurance Office within 30 days of the employment start date.
- Health and accident insurance coverage will terminate at the end of the month an employee voluntarily terminates employment with the District, effective Sept. 1, 2010.
- Health and accident insurance coverage will remain in force for employees who are involuntarily terminated until district level due process procedures are completed.
- If an employee completes his/her contract year, the insurance coverage will continue until the end of the contract year (July 31 for employees on year-round schedules, Aug. 31 for employees on traditional schedules, and June 30 for employees on fiscal year schedules) effective July 1, 2001.
- Employees who are eligible for Medicare benefits and continue their employment with the District will have the District's insurance as their prime carrier. Employees should enroll in the Medicare Program during the first available enrollment period, preferably three (3) months prior to becoming eligible.