- Board Directive
The Board of Education recognizes that, under extenuating circumstances, an employee of the District may request termination of his/her contract, that the appropriate office of the District may request the termination of a contract, and that by mutual agreement between the District and the employee, an employee's contract may be terminated. The Board delegates to the Administration the responsibility for developing policy regarding resignations for administrators.
- Administrative Policy
Proper notice of resignation in writing shall be submitted through the Administrator of Schools to the Human Resources Department. This notice will begin when received by the Human Resources Department. The resignation policy shall be administered in accordance with the following administrative policy provisions:
- Employees are expected to adhere to the conditions of the contract until it has been terminated legally or by mutual consent.
- Provided verification is received by the Human Resource department, the employee may be released from the contract at any time for reasons such as maternity or adoption of a child, transfer of spouse, military service, illness, etc. and will not be assessed the $500 fine.
- When requesting contract termination, licensed personnel must notify in writing, their Administrator of Schools and the Human Resource Department with at least sixty (60) days written notice. Failure to give such notice will result in an assessment of $500 to be deducted from the last paycheck and may result in attachment of a letter that precludes future employment with the District.
- Employees resigning during the contract year will be assessed the costs of a long-term substitute for any leave days used during the last sixty (60) days of their employment except in the case of an immediate, verified medical reason or emergency.
- Employees resigning/retiring at the end of the current contract year, who give official notification of resignation/retirement prior to March 1st, will be eligible for a $200 incentive. This incentive will be paid on the last regular paycheck.