- Effective: 9/27/2011
- Board Policy
The Board of Education authorizes advertising on school buses in accordance with Utah Code, Title 41, Chapter 6a, Sections 1304 and 1309, and the Department of Transportation, Motor Carrier Rule R909 and Rule R909-3, Standards for Utah School Buses, and delegates the responsibility for implementing the policy to District Administration according to established guidelines.
- Administration Policy
Advertising on school buses in Jordan School District shall be administered according to the following guidelines and in accordance with Utah Code, Title 41, Chapter 6a, Sections 1304 and 1309, and the Department of Transportation, Motor Carrier Rule R909 and Rule R909-3, Standards for Utah School Buses:
- Jordan School District reserves the right to review all advertising and may reject any advertising at its sole discretion.
- Advertising on school buses shall be administered with student safety as the primary focus.
- Shall not, as stated in Utah State Motor Carrier Rule 909 and 909-3, be placed on the front or the back of the bus.
- Will not cover, obscure or interfere with the operation of any required lighting, reflective tape, emergency exits or any other safety equipment.
- Will be located no closer than 6” to any required markings, lighting or other required safety equipment.
- Shall not resemble a traffic control device.
- Shall not be illuminated or be constructed of reflective material.
- Advertising on school buses will support and reflect the values of Jordan School District.
- Be age appropriate.
- Not promote any substance or activity that is illegal for minors, such as alcohol, tobacco, and drugs or gambling.
- Not promote any political party, candidate or issue.
- Not promote sexual material of any kind.
- Not promote any religious organization.
- Not promote any competing educational organizations to include, but not limited to charter schools, private schools, or any other non-Jordan School District K-12 school entity.
- Advertising on buses will be contracted through a third party provider following Jordan School District procurement procedures.