- Effective - 09/25/2012
- Revision - 05/23/17
With respect to the treatment of paid and volunteer staff, the Superintendent may not cause or allow conditions which are inequitable, discriminatory, undignified, disorganized or unclear.
Further, without limiting the scope of the previous statement, he or she will not operate without written personnel policies which:
- Clarify procedures and expectations for staff and volunteers.
- Provide for effective handling of grievances in a timely manner.
- Protect against wrongful conditions, such as nepotism and grossly preferential treatment for personal reasons.
- Discriminate against any staff member for non-disruptive expression of dissent.
- Fail to acquaint staff with the Superintendent’s interpretation of their protections under this policy.
- Fail to recognize contributions by employees in a timely manner.
- Fail to promote a positive work environment at all levels.