- Effective: 9/25/2012
- Revision: 3/26/2013
The Board will instruct the Superintendent through written policies that prescribe the organizational Ends to be achieved and describe organizational situations and actions to be avoided, allowing the Superintendent to use any reasonable interpretation of these policies.
- The Board will develop policies instructing the Superintendent to achieve certain results for certain recipients at a specified cost. These policies will be developed systematically from the broadest, most general level to more defined levels, and will be called Ends policies.
- The Board will develop policies which limit the latitude the Superintendent may exercise in choosing the organizational means. These policies will be developed systematically from the broadest, most general level to more defined levels, and they will be called Executive Limitations policies.
- As long as the Superintendent uses any reasonable interpretation of the Board’s Ends and Executive Limitations policies, the Superintendent is authorized to establish all further policies and procedures, make all decisions, take all actions, establish all practices, and develop all activities.
- The Board may change its Ends and Executive Limitations policies, thereby shifting the boundary between Board and Superintendent domains. By doing so, the Board changes the latitude of choice given to the Superintendent. However, as long as any particular Ends or Executive Limitations policies are in place, the Board will respect and support the Superintendent’s choices.
- The Superintendent will author policies to direct the operation of the District through staff and public input and the Board retains final approval.